I got the CI all set up with Jenkins and my github and my local git repo. However, when Jenkins tries to run my tests, It throws an error. First it was on Ubuntu which threw an error : “
unable to obtain stable firefox connection in 60 seconds"
So I went to my local windows to try and debug. I can run rake run locally and it works perfectly. But when Jenkins does it, I get this error on the first Cucumber test:
Given a user clicks the features tab # features/step_definitions/features_tests.rb.rb:1
C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/protocol.rb:146:in `rescue in rbuf_fill’
C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:1319:in `block in transport_request’
C:/RailsInstaller/Ruby1.9.3/lib/ruby/1.9.1/net/http.rb:1286:in `block in request’
./features/step_definitions/features_tests.rb.rb:3:in `/^a user clicks the features tab$/’
I looked in the output and saw that jenkins added –profile default
Thinking this was a issue with Rake, I removed calling rake, and just used a command: cucumber features… but the same result.
So it’s not the OS, it’s not the Rake File… not the webdriver, not the browser… I’ve seen others in the same spot, but with no resolution….