I had a few problems getting this combo set up… so I followed a few tutorials and got this set up on my windows laptop.
- Make sure you have Java 1.6 or higher installed
- Download Scala for windows (get the zip!!) the Windows binary installer of scala doesn’t install with everything you need (like src folder!) but the zip has it all
- Uncompress Scala someplace
- Download Intelij
- Install Intelij
- Within Intelij open the plugin manager: File / Settings / Plugins
- in the plugin manager click browse
- Go to Scala and double click it. accept to install it
- After it installs restart intelij
- Make a new Java Module Project
- On the next page of project creation check “Scala”
- Now you prob got a path to Scala and it says “not valid home” – browse to the uncompressed Scala uncompressed folder (root of it) – it should find all the src library and compilers it needs
That should do it!